All patients should bring a government issued photo ID and their insurance cards to each appointment. If you are a new patient, you can enroll in our Patient Portal to complete your registration process and paperwork online prior to your appointment. You must provide an email address in order to create a Patient Portal account.
If you are an existing patient, we request that you arrive to your next eye appointment about 15 minutes early to verify all of your information is correct in our new electronic medical records system, and we may need to re-scan your insurance cards and photo ID.
Refractive Consultations & Surgery
If you are coming in for a refractive surgery consultation for LASIK, PRK, ICL or refractive lens exchange, here are some resources that we encourage you to review prior to your exam. You can also learn more about surgical options, technology, surgeons, and financing options by visiting our LASIK and Vision Correction Surgery sections.
- LASIK & Refractive Surgery Brochure
- Visian ICL – Patient Information Kit
- Informed Consent for LASIK or PRK Surgery
- Informed Consent for Visian ICL Surgery
- Informed Consent for Corneal Inlay Surgery
Cataract Examinations & Surgery
If you have an upcoming cataract examination, it’s important that you are properly prepared for your examination and understand all of the options available with cataract surgery today. Below is a list of resources that we encourage you to read through prior to your exam, and you can also continue your research in our Cataracts section.
- Custom Cataract Surgery Brochure – Laser and Lens Options
- Cataract Surgery FAQ’s
- Informed Consent for Standard Cataract Surgery
- Notice of Exclusion from Medicare and Other Insurance Carriers
- Informed Consent Addendum – Astigmatism Correction
- Informed Consent Addendum – Presbyopic Correction
Dry Eye Examinations
If you have an upcoming dry eye examination, it is important that you visit our Dry Eye Examination page to read through important instructions you need to follow prior to your visit at our office. Below is some of our brochures that discuss our latest treatments for dry eye disease.
Medical Records Release Forms
- Medical Records Release Form – if you would like to transfer your records from another office to The Eye Institute of Utah, please complete this form and either bring it to our offices or fax it to (801)268-6151.
The SurgiCare Center of Utah Advance Notifications and Patient’s Rights
If you do not have Adobe Reader, please download: