Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest in employment with The Eye Institute of Utah/SurgiCare Center of Utah. Our team is dedicated to providing our patients with the latest advancement in technology as well as superior patient care. We are always looking for talented, friendly and knowledgeable people to join our team!
To apply for one of our open positions, please send your resume and completed application for employment to email@example.com or fax your resume to 801-268-6151. The Eye Institute of Utah offers health insurance options, 401K matching program, paid holidays and PTO for full-time position.
The Clinic Manager is responsible for the daily monitoring of all clinic activities, technicians, patient care, patient flow and overall patient care. This position has managerial duties of employees and resource within the practice. The Clinic Manager will work closely with and report to Administrator to ensure an efficient and productive office.
- Coordinate with front desk and scheduling to ensure smooth clinic operation;
- Ensure clinics are adequately and appropriately staffed;
- Develop and monitor adequate clinic staffing schedule;
- Manage timecards, PTO, and other out-of-office schedules;
- Oversee and manage proper clinic flow, i.e. developing and managing schedule template development;
- HR management (hiring/employee acknowledgement/corrective action/firing) of technician staff;
- Ensure/oversee training for all technicians with specific training schedule for new techs;
- Develop and implement job descriptions for technicians;
- Monitor clinic supplies, including proper inventory management and re-orders;
- Maintain equipment and instruments in good working condition; ensuring regular maintenance is completed and all necessary repairs are made in a timely and thorough manner;
- Train tech staff on proper use of all equipment and provide regular in-service training, including tasks such as shutting down rooms at the close of clinic;
- Work closely with Administrator and Doctors to address operational, HR, equipment, etc. concerns and issues;
- High school diploma (college preferred);
- At least 3 – 5 Ophthalmic Technician experience;
- COA certified, COT and/or COMT preferred;
- Knowledge of Basic and Complex IOL calculations;
- At least 3 years previous management experience;
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- EMR experience and thorough understanding of documentation;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Professional demeanor and presentation;
- Team player;
- Respectful to all clinic staff and be available for open communication throughout the clinic; and
- High integrity, honesty and empathy.
Additional Position Responsibilities:
- Problem-solve and provide direction to staff when requested.
- Assist other technicians in fulfilling job duties as requested
- Assign tasks to fellow technicians as needed.
- Understand and function under “Ophthalmic Technician” job description.
- Maintain positive technician morale and interpersonal/team relationships; and
Other tasks as assigned and directed.
We are seeking a full-time Ophthalmic Technician for our busy ophthalmology practice. Candidate must have ophthalmic experience, good interpersonal skills, and be computer literate. COA or COT certifications preferred, but not required.
The Eye Institute of Utah, Inc. complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.