Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest in employment with The Eye Institute of Utah/SurgiCare Center of Utah. Our team is dedicated to providing our patients with the latest advancement in technology as well as superior patient care. We are always looking for talented, friendly and knowledgeable people to join our team!
To apply for one of our open positions, please send your resume and completed application for employment to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume to 801-268-6151. The Eye Institute of Utah offers health insurance options, 401K matching program, paid holidays and PTO for full-time position.
Business Office/Billing Supervisor
- Responsible for all billing and business office functions within the practice.
- Supervises all billing and business office personnel.
- Responsible for training and providing on-going improvement of billing functions with billing and business office staff.
- Oversees and supervises billing and accounts receivable operations.
- Maintains thorough and up-to-date knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding issues.
- Reviews fee schedules for accuracy.
- Reviews, codes and posts surgery charges daily.
- Ensure that all collections and monies are posted accurately and daily.
- Reviews patient and insurance accounts for accuracy, appropriateness, over-payment and processes necessary refunds.
- Maintains positive working relations with third party insurance companies.
- Monitors all accounts receivable activity; meets with staff daily to review status of accounts and necessary follow-up action.
- Communicates and reports to the practice administrator regarding status of accounts receivable.
- Remedies any previously approved insurance claim that has subsequently been denied.
- Transmits all insurance claims.
- Must be a certified coder.
- Minimum of at least 3 years of experience in healthcare billing/coding.
- Experience with third party insurances and understanding of reimbursement schedules.
- Has a thorough knowledge of CMS/Medicare, HIPAA and other government regulations, rules and policies as it pertains to billing and collections.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and is flexible in accepting work assignments and priorities.
- Meets attendance and tardiness expectations.
- Is dependable; follows policies and procedures.
- Maintains professionalism in interactions with patients, employees, coworkers and vendors.
- Performs quality work and consistently exhibits initiative.
- Adopts and displays EIU’s Mission, Vision and Values in word and deed.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
We are seeking a full-time Ophthalmic Technician for our busy ophthalmology practice. Candidate must have ophthalmic experience, good interpersonal skills, and be computer literate. COA or COT certifications preferred, but not required.
Patient Services Representative
Full-time Patient Services/Phone Counselor needed for our busy ophthalmology practice. Must be experienced with answering and directly incoming calls, scheduling appointments in electronic medical record systems and very detail oriented. Candidate should have a strong understanding of medical insurance and terminology. Proficient computer skills are required. Strong customer service skills, ability to multi-task in a fast volume environment, and a great attitude are a must.
The Eye Institute of Utah, Inc. complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.