Michael P. Teske, MD
Michael P. Teske, MD, is a nationally and internationally acclaimed specialist in the treatment of retinal and vitreous diseases, including retinal detachment, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. He’s been recognized as one of the best doctors in the country and brings more than 18 years of medical experience to The Eye Institute of Utah.
Because he’s a leader in retinal research, Dr. Teske currently serves as an investigator in multiple clinical studies of aging macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. He has performed extensive research in other clinical studies and has published results in several major ophthalmology journals. He is a member of a the American Society of Retinal Specialists and has been peer-selected as one of the Best Doctors in America® and also recognized as one of America’s Top Doctors by the prestigious Castle Connolly Medical Ltd.
Over the years, Dr. Teske has held several academic appointments, including associate professor of ophthalmology at the University of Utah Health Sciences Center and chief in the division of ophthalmology at Primary Children’s Medical Center. He has also held several hospital appointments at the Veterans Administration Medical Center and LDS Hospital.
Dr. Teske completed his doctorate of medicine degree at the University of California School of Medicine in Los Angeles. His post-graduate work included a rotating internship and residency in ophthalmology at the University of Utah Medical Center, as well as a retinal and vitreous fellowship at Kresge Eye Institute at Wayne State University in Detroit.
- Director of Vitreoretinal Services, Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Utah Health Sciences Center
- Professor of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Utah Health Sciences Center
- Voted by Peers for Inclusion in Best Doctors in America®
- Selected for Best Doctors in the West
- Selected as Castle Connolly’s Top Doctor – Among Top 1% in his Specialty
- Board-certified ophthalmologist, American Board of Ophthalmology and National Board of Examiners