John D. McCann, MD, PhD
Dr. McCann has over 15 years of experience in ophthalmic plastic surgery and has performed over 10,000 procedures. He is a world renowned expert in eyelid and facial plastics, as well as the surgical treatment of disorders of the eyelid, orbit, and tear drain system.
Chairman of the Department of Ophthalmology at Intermountain Medical Center, chairman of the Division of Ophthalmology at Salt Lake Regional Medical Center, chairman of the education committee for the Utah Ophthalmology Society, and former executive editor for the American Journal of Ophthalmology. Named one of the “Best Doctors in America” by his peers and featured on national television in “Celebrity Beauty Secrets Revealed.” Former Professor of Ophthalmology at the Jules Stein Eye Institute and Founder and Director of the Aesthetic Center at UCLA. Developer, Founder and CEO of McCann Medical Matrix, electronic medical record software used around the country. PhD thesis was critical to elucidating the molecular cause of Cystic Fibrosis.
World renowned author, educator, and speaker. Remains active in publishing contributing over 100 journal articles, abstracts and book chapters to the medical literature. Featured as as speaker at many continuing medical education meetings for facial plastic surgeons nationwide and abroad. In the past year organized a meeting in Park City, Utah attended by hundreds of plastic surgeons from across the nation and was the featured speaker at plastic surgery meetings in Israel and Columbia.
Board Certified Fellow of the American Society of Ophthalmic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Fellow of the American Board of Ophthalmology.
- Medical Director, The Center for Facial Appearances
- CEO, McCann Medical Matrix
- Chairman of Ophthalmology, Intermountain Medical Center
- Chairman of Ophthalmology, Salt Lake Regional Center
- Founder and Former-Director of the Aesthetic Center, University of California, Los Angeles
- Former Professor of Ophthalmology, Jules Stein Eye Institute
- Voted by Peers for Inclusion in Best Doctors in America®
- Selected as Castle Connolly’s Top Doctor – Among Top 1% in his Specialty
- Board-Certified Fellow – American Society of Ophthalmic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Board of Ophthalmology